Quality and Environment Policy
Blaumar Hotel is the only hotel in Salou that has been awarded the Q for Quality and the EMAS and ISO 14001 environmental management certificates.
We have achieved this thanks to the efforts of our staff, although our guests have also played an important part.
Our Quality and Environment Committee meets monthly to analyse the results of the satisfaction questionnaires filled in by almost 2,000 guests every year. Thanks to this information, every year we are able to introduce improvements designed to meet the expectations of our guests and to protect the environment.
Quality service recognitions
The actions we have taken over the years have led to us being recognised with various awards and diplomas from different organisations and tour operators. You can see them here.
ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIONS IN BLAUMAR HOTEL
Some of the environmental actions we have initiated.
- Installation of a “Clean Point” in the hotel corridors with separate containers for the glass and plastic thrown away by guests
- Guests given an ecological ashtray made of recycled plastic to encourage them to contribute to keeping our beaches and open spaces clean
- Installation of soap and shampoo dispensers in the rooms, saving almost 30,000 individual bottles of these products
- The use of jam and cereal dispensers at breakfast, achieving a reduction of 4% in the use of individual plastic packages
- Making bars of soap with recycled olive oil from the hotel’s kitchens
- New, more sustainable swimming pool: 50% less water with the same size, 0% use of chlorine, LED lighting consuming four times less than other types of lighting, installation of recycling litter bins to separate different types of rubbish and natural stone paving in the pool area, among other innovations.
- Other actions: trickle irrigation for gardens, flow reducers in cisterns and taps, environmental education activities included in the entertainment programme, automatic sensor-controlled switches to turn off air conditioning units, etc..
You can download the annual Blaumar Hotel environmental management report here.
For more information about this and other related matters, please contact Nuria Varela Díaz-Delgado, the Blaumar Hotel’s Quality and Environment Director.